View all facilities

Monument Park

  1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
Monument Park was built and dedicated in 1908 by the Daughters of the American Revolution. General John "Black Jack" Pershing was on hand for the dedication. The park was part of the original Fort Constitution of the Continental Army under the leadership of General George Washington. Over 2,600 troops were stationed in and around the Monument Park area. In 2004, the park was reconstructed for the Fort Lee Centennial Celebration.

A time capsule was placed at the foot of the monument, to be opened at the Bicentennial Celebration in the year 2104. Monument Park is the only park in the United States that is dedicated to the soldiers of the American Revolution.

Size

  • 727 acres

Description

  • Concert Site (During Summer Months)
  • Currently Seeking Historic Designation
  • Encampment for Continental Army Under George Washington
  • Fort Lee Museum at the Judge Moore House
  • Redesigned in 2004 for 100th Anniversary Celebration
  • Revolutionary War Monument

Not Allowed


  • Alcohol
  • Bicycle Riding
  • Dogs or Pets
  • Feeding of Animals
  • Foul Language
  • Skating
Go to Calendar