NOW OFFERING OUTDOOR SOCCER & MULTI-SPORTS CLASSES!
Fort Lee Recreation, in conjunction with the USA Sports Group, will be offering soccer and multi-sports outdoor classes for ages 2-6 years. All registration is taking place online for Fort Lee residents only on a first come first serve basis. All COVID-19 protocols will be strictly followed. Classes will take place on the basketball courts at William Birch Park (by the Recreation Center at the bottom of Stillwell Avenue).
There are still some spots left to register now! Fort Lee residents may register here.
Information regarding USA Sports COVID-19 rules and procedures may be found here.
We look forward to adding more outdoor and online classes in the near future!
The mission of the Fort Lee Recreation Department is to offer a variety of quality services to residents of all ages so that their leisure time may be spent in a productive, meaningful and enjoyable manner in safe environments. These services may take the form of cultural, educational, instructional or recreational programs or less structured activities. They are diverse so as to offer options. They are generally introductory and non-competitive in nature, allowing for the sampling of varied experiences, without fear of ridicule or failure.
Our services are a means to a greater end; that end to include the establishment of new relationships and rapport with other participants, staff, and members of the community. This helps to open new lines of communication; to promote mutual respect in our multicultural environment; to promote a better understanding of ourselves and our neighbors; and ultimately, a better understanding of, and commitment to, our community. Our services enhance and enrich lives long after a specific activity is completed.
For questions regarding the Community Center's activities and schedules, please call 201-592-4699.
For questions regarding the Department of Recreation's actvities and schedules, please call 201-592-3612.
DEPT OF RECREATION VIDEO CLASSES
Yoga with Margie Leal (All levels, 7/21/20)
Pilates with Linda Alania (All levels, 7/21/20)
Yoga with Margie Leal (All levels, 6/29/20)
Pilates with Linda Alania (All levels, 6/29/20)
Yoga with Margie Leal (All levels, 6/10/20)
Pilates with Linda Alania (All levels, 6/10/20)
Yoga with Margie Leal (All levels, 5/27/20)
Pilates with Linda Alania (All levels, 5/27/20)
Kidzmusik (Children, ages 1-6, 5/28/20)
Yoga with Margie Leal (All levels, 5/26/20)
Kidzmusik (Children, ages 1-6, 5/18/20)
Standing & Chair Pilates with Linda Alania - For Stronger Bones & Better Balance! (All levels, 5/18/20)
Chair & Mat Yoga with Margie Leal (All Levels, 5/18/20)
Pilates with Linda Alania (All levels, 5/11/20)
Fitness Fusion Yoga & Pilates with Margie Leal (All levels, 5/11/20)
KidzMusik (Children, ages 1-6, 5/11/20)
Pilates with Linda Alania (All levels, 5/4/20)
Fitness Fusion Yoga & Pilates with Margie Leal (All levels, 5/4/20)
Kidzmusik (Children, ages 1-6, 5/4/20)
ONLINE ACTIVITIES You can do from home
Looking for some fun activities for you and your family to keep busy? Your friends at Fort Lee Recreation enjoyed the following sites and videos:
- Like you, we are looking forward to the day we can all be together in our beautiful parks! This is a great video of the early years of the Palisade Interstate Park from 1929 -1943 even includes early videos of the George Washington Bridge. Interesting and Educational. Watch it here!
- There is lots of fun and educational information from the New York City Parks Department! Visit the Parks@Home site here!
- Listen to Dolly Parton the "The Book Lady" read classic bedtime stories, such as ’The Little Engine that Could,’ LIVE every Thursday night or watch previous stories. View here and click on WATCH NOW on Goodnight With Dolly! There are also activity sheets available.
- Tenafly Nature Center has free online videos that include virtual tours and information about the animals onsite, on Facebook @tenaflynaturecenter. Click here to view!
- Attention Harry Potter Fans! JK Rowling has introduced a "Harry Potter at Home" hub. View here to read articles, take quizzes, do puzzles and make crafts!
- Stay home and take FREE Dance Lessons online from the Dance with Me, the studio from Maks & Val Chmerkovskiy from Dancing With the Stars. Click here to start!
And here’s one from us to you! We’re all in this together - watch here! (* Short ad before the video) We hope this made you smile!
We will be posting more "things to do" in the coming days and weeks! You can also visit us on Facebook @FortLeeRecreation for more information and recommendations.
Stay home, stay healthy and stay safe!
Your friends at Fort Lee Recreation