POOLS & SPRAY PARK DURING THE PANDEMIC
In an effort to provide some much needed relief during these hot summer days while, at the same time, abiding by the rules set forth by the CDC and the state and local health departments in an effort to contain the COVID-19 virus, the Borough of Fort Lee is opening its three wading pools and spray park in a way that will be new to all of us. We ask for your cooperation and patience in this effort.
To expedite the in-person registration to obtain badges in order to use the pools and spray park, we ask that you do the following:
- Read the rules carefully as they have changed from previous years.
- Read the liability waiver for your household before completing it. Initial the bottom of each page as well as signing the document.
- Complete the pool registration form.
Please bring these completed forms (links below) along with your photo ID and with proof of residency to the in-person registration (See Pool Rules). You will not be permitted to register without a mask!
DEPT OF RECREATION VIDEO CLASSES
We know you miss the programs we provide to the community - and we miss YOU, too! Some of our instructors created classes while sheltering at home for you to do in the comfort of YOUR own home. Please check back here every Monday for updated classes!
Yoga with Margie Leal (All levels, 7/21/20)
Pilates with Linda Alania (All levels, 7/21/20)
Yoga with Margie Leal (All levels, 6/29/20)
Pilates with Linda Alania (All levels, 6/29/20)
Yoga with Margie Leal (All levels, 6/10/20)
Pilates with Linda Alania (All levels, 6/10/20)
Yoga with Margie Leal (All levels, 5/27/20)
Pilates with Linda Alania (All levels, 5/27/20)
Kidzmusik (Children, ages 1-6, 5/28/20)
Yoga with Margie Leal (All levels, 5/26/20)
Kidzmusik (Children, ages 1-6, 5/18/20)
Standing & Chair Pilates with Linda Alania - For Stronger Bones & Better Balance! (All levels, 5/18/20)
Chair & Mat Yoga with Margie Leal (All Levels, 5/18/20)
Pilates with Linda Alania (All levels, 5/11/20)
Fitness Fusion Yoga & Pilates with Margie Leal (All levels, 5/11/20)
KidzMusik (Children, ages 1-6, 5/11/20)
Pilates with Linda Alania (All levels, 5/4/20)
Fitness Fusion Yoga & Pilates with Margie Leal (All levels, 5/4/20)
Kidzmusik (Children, ages 1-6, 5/4/20)
ONLINE ACTIVITIES You can do from home
Looking for some fun activities for you and your family to keep busy? Your friends at Fort Lee Recreation enjoyed the following sites and videos:
- Like you, we are looking forward to the day we can all be together in our beautiful parks! This is a great video of the early years of the Palisade Interstate Park from 1929 -1943 even includes early videos of the George Washington Bridge. Interesting and Educational. Watch it here!
- There is lots of fun and educational information from the New York City Parks Department! Visit the Parks@Home site here!
- Listen to Dolly Parton the "The Book Lady" read classic bedtime stories, such as ’The Little Engine that Could,’ LIVE every Thursday night or watch previous stories. View here and click on WATCH NOW on Goodnight With Dolly! There are also activity sheets available.
- Tenafly Nature Center has free online videos that include virtual tours and information about the animals onsite, on Facebook @tenaflynaturecenter. Click here to view!
- Attention Harry Potter Fans! JK Rowling has introduced a "Harry Potter at Home" hub. View here to read articles, take quizzes, do puzzles and make crafts!
- Stay home and take FREE Dance Lessons online from the Dance with Me, the studio from Maks & Val Chmerkovskiy from Dancing With the Stars. Click here to start!
And here’s one from us to you! We’re all in this together - watch here! (* Short ad before the video) We hope this made you smile!
We will be posting more "things to do" in the coming days and weeks! You can also visit us on Facebook @FortLeeRecreation for more information and recommendations.
Stay home, stay healthy and stay safe!
Your friends at Fort Lee Recreation
The mission of the Fort Lee Recreation Department is to offer a variety of quality services to residents of all ages so that their leisure time may be spent in a productive, meaningful and enjoyable manner in safe environments. These services may take the form of cultural, educational, instructional or recreational programs or less structured activities. They are diverse so as to offer options. They are generally introductory and non-competitive in nature, allowing for the sampling of varied experiences, without fear of ridicule or failure.
Our services are a means to a greater end; that end to include the establishment of new relationships and rapport with other participants, staff, and members of the community. This helps to open new lines of communication; to promote mutual respect in our multicultural environment; to promote a better understanding of ourselves and our neighbors; and ultimately, a better understanding of, and commitment to, our community. Our services enhance and enrich lives long after a specific activity is completed.
For questions regarding the Community Center's activities and schedules, please call 201-592-4699.
For questions regarding the Department of Recreation's actvities and schedules, please call 201-592-3612.
Community center schedules & events
The Jack Alter Fort Lee Community Center, located at 1355 Inwood terrace in Fort Lee, is a 35,000 square foot facility that opened in October of 2005. It is home to many of the Borough’s youth and adult sports' organizations, including basketball, soccer, baseball, softball and more.
The Borough is home to three recreation facilities: the Fort Lee Jack Alter Community Center, the Recreation Center and the Youth Center.
The spray park and swimming pools in Fort Lee are seasonal during the Summer season only. Information will be made available in May.
Although the Department of Recreation is not affiliated with the administration of the Borough of Fort Lee's individually run Youth Sports Leagues, we would like to provide you with the following information for your convenience in contacting them.
Fort Lee is home to many beautiful park and open spaces, in addition to the glorious Fort Lee Historic Park and Palisades Interstate Park.