Marriage License Requirements
- One applicant must be a resident of Fort Lee and both applicants must be at least 18 years of age.
- Both applicants must have proof of I.D. with residency information One applicant must have proof of Fort Lee residency - i.e., Drivers License, a bill or a notarized letter from the landlord.
- Both applicants must show proof of birth: i.e. Birth Certificates, or Passport.
- Social Security Number (if applicable)
- When applying, you must have one (1) witness with you. Witness must:
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Know both applicants
- May be a family member
- Be able to speak and understand English
- Have proof of residency i.e. drivers license, a bill
- After you apply, there is a 72 hour waiting period before the license can be issued to you.
- License will be good for 30 days after pick up
- Must provide name, address and phone number of person performing ceremony (Priest, Mayor, Judge, etc.)
- If divorced, must bring “Final Divorce Decree” papers, showing Docket number and Judge’s signature.
- If Disillusionment of a civil union or domestic partnership must provide final paperwork.
- If widowed, bring certified copy of partner’s death certificate.
- Please call for an appointment to apply for a marriage license.
- License fee is $28.00 payable at the time of application. Cash or check only.
If you have any further questions, please contact the Registrar’s office at 201-592-3500 x 1510.
|< Prev||Next >|