Palisade Avenue & Angioletti Place
Fort Lee, NJ 07024
Monument Park was built and dedicated in 1908 by the Daughters of the American Revolution. General John "Black Jack" Pershing was on hand for the dedication. The park was part of the original Fort Constitution of the Continental Army under the leadership of General George Washington. Over 2,600 troops were stationed in and around the Monument Park area. In 2004, the park was reconstructed for the Fort Lee Centennial Celebration. A time capsule was placed at the foot of the monument, to be opened at the Bicentennial Celebration in the year 2104. Monument Park is the only park in the United States that is dedicated to the soldiers of the American Revolution.
Hours: 8am-7pm EST; 8am-10pm DST
Size: .727 acres
- Revolutionary War Monument
- Fort Lee Museum at the Judge Moore House
- Concert site (during Summer months)
- Encampment for Continental Army under George Washington
- Currently seeking historic designation
- Redesigned in 2004 for 100th Anniversary celebration
NO: dogs or pets, skating, alcohol, feeding of animals, bicycle riding, foul language
Monument Park is located at Palisade Avenue & Angioletti Place in Fort Lee, NJ.
Double-click on the map below to zoom in. You can also get door-to-door driving directions below.
|< Prev||Next >|